A Monterey Wedding Reception Destination as Special as You
Situated in historic Cannery Row on the scenic Monterey Peninsula, our spectacular oceanfront hotel offers everything you need for a memorable affair. Our team of experienced caterers are pleased to assist you with planning a day that is stress-free and joyous.
- How much time is included for weddings? The event timeframe is 5 hours from the start of the ceremony to the end of the reception. For each additional hour (or portion thereof) a fee of $750.00 per hour will be charged. Additional time must be approved 72 hours prior to the event. All events must end by 10:00PM in the Pacific Ballroom and 9:00PM in the Ocean Terrace Ballroom.
- What are the hours of the various event functions at the hotel?
The event functions are scheduled at the following times:
Pacific Courtyard and Ballroom
- Ceremony and Lunch Reception : 11:00AM - 4:00PM
- Ceremony and Dinner Reception: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Ocean Terrace and Ocean Ballroom
- Ceremony and Lunch Reception : 10:00AM - 3:00PM
- Ceremony and Dinner Reception: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Is there a minimum number of guests required for the ballrooms?
Yes. The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Lunch Reception: 50 guests
- Dinner Reception: 50 guests
Ocean Terrace Ballroom
- Lunch Reception: 25 guests
- Dinner Reception: 50 guests
- What are the deposit and payment requirements? The deposit is due upon the signing of your contract. A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the estimated Food & Beverage charges and 100% of the facility fee is required. A second deposit of 50% of the remaining balance is due 120 days prior to your event. Full payment of the remaining estimated charges is due ten (10) days prior to the event date. (A credit card on file is required.)
- What is included in our room rental fees? We offer our an aisle runner and wedding arch, white ceremony chairs, banquet tables and chairs, floor length linens; white or beige, as well as flatware, glassware, China, cake cutting set, and dance floor.
- What is the weather like on the coast? Monterey's weather is consistently pleasant with a Mediterranean-style climate of dry summers and moderate year-round temperatures ranging from 57 to 70 degrees.
- Is there a back-up site for a ceremony in case of inclement weather? We have backup plans for inclement weather. Your Catering Manager can offer appropriate suggestions. Use of the backup space must be determined three (3) hours prior to ceremony start time and once finalized, may not be changed.
- Do you have a list of preferred wedding professionals and are we required to choose from it? We offer our list of preferred vendors for your convenience. If you select a vendor not on our list, they must provide a valid business license and liability insurance at least one (1) month prior to the event date. If they have not worked on the property, they must schedule a meeting with the Catering Manager no later than one (1) month before the event to review the venue and vendor guidelines. We require that you provide a list of your wedding professionals and their contact information no less than one (1) month prior to the event.
- What is the average cost per guest? The average cost for food is $87 to $180 and beverages start at $9 to $55. Please refer to our ''At-A- Glance" pricing chart for a better idea of the cost of your reception and ask your Catering Manager for a detailed proposal. An additional 22 % service charge along with current state sales and tourism tax will be added to all food and beverage pricing.
- How much time do we have to set up? We allow a two (2) hour set up time prior to scheduled guest arrival.
- Do you offer a menu tasting? Once we have received your signed contract and deposit, we can schedule a custom tasting in the C Restaurant with your Catering Manager. Tastings are complimentary for the bride and groom and a $40 fee per person for additional guests. The tasting includes 2 salads, 2 entrees, and a non-alcoholic beverage. Tastings are scheduled Monday-Friday 12:30PM - 2:30PM. All tastings must be scheduled three (3) weeks in advance.
- Do you help with the set up and cleanup of our wedding reception? The hotel provides set up and cleanup services of banquet and ceremony necessities. The hotel will set all items such as tables, chairs, linens, napkins, flatware, glassware, China, cake cutting, and dance floor, per your specifications. You are required to assist with your own personal items such as seating cards and charts, custom table numbers/names, favors, personal champagne toasting flutes, and personal cake cutting sets. Having a wedding planner makes the little things a lot smoother, so you can relax and enjoy getting ready for the big day.
- Will you personally handle my reception on the day of the event? On the day of your reception, the Catering Manager will be there helping to oversee the events, through the duration of dinner service. A Banquet Manager or Banquet Captain will be on site the day of your event from start to finish. We do require the use of a professional wedding planner to assist with weddings.
- Are there any other events on property on the day of my reception? Our property has several event spaces and may host more than one event at a time. Careful consideration is given to staggering the event times so that guests from one event do not disrupt another.
- Do you offer special group room rates for our guests? The hotel offers courtesy discounts which are customized to your ceremony and reception specifics. The sales department assists when room agreements are needed and works seamlessly in conjunction with catering to ensure your guests' complete enjoyment of InterContinental The Clement Monterey.
- Can we bring our own beverages, wine, beer or liquor? We have a $30 per bottle wine corkage fee. All other outside beverages, including beer and liquor, are not permitted.
- What is the "guaranteed guest count" and when is it due? Your guaranteed guest count is the number of guests you provide to your Catering Manager. Our kitchen will prepare food according to the guarantee. This number cannot be reduced once the final guarantee is given. Any increases within 48 hours of the event will be subject to availability and will result in additional charges. Your final guaranteed guest count is due ten (10) days prior to your reception date. Final charges will be based on the number of actual guests attending or the final guarantee, whichever is greater.
- Are tax and service charges included in our menu prices? There is a 22% service charge and the current California sales and tourism tax applied to all food and beverage.
- Do you provide hotel parking? Valet is available for you and your guests and will be subject to current valet pricing. At this time our prices are as follows: (0-2) hours $15, (2-4) hours $25 and (4+) hours $35 per car. Overnight valet is offered for overnight hotel guests only. Parking charges are subject to change. If you wish to cover valet fees for your guests, please notify your Catering Manager. These charges can be added to your master account. Valet parking for the couple is waived for any scheduled site visits pertaining to the reception.