Monterey is a wonderful place to prepare for the holidays with many nearby small cities, all of whom celebrate in their own ways. Enjoy panoramic coastal views while staying at InterContinental The Clement Monterey while enjoying the local holiday activities. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates as small, fun activities pop up on the Peninsula.
Things to See and Do
19th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony on Cannery Row
- Start the holiday season with the 19th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony here on Cannery Row! Join this event on November 29th at 6pm to see the Cannery Row Tree come to light and visit with Santa Claus.
Monterey Lighted Boat Parade
- On Sunday, December 1st, the Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club will be hosting the Lighted Boat Parade. Watch the lighted boats travel along the shore from Fisherman's Wharf to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
12th Annual Holiday Parade of Lights in Pacific Grove
- Pacific Grove brings back its family favorite Holiday Parade of Lights on December 5th. Marching bands, holiday floats, dance teams, equestrian groups, and of course, Santa Claus will be featured and shops will stay open late for holiday shopping.
Christmas in the Adobes
- Turn back time for an evening and explore 19th century adobe style homes in Historic Downtown Monterey. Refreshments, games, history and fun await the entire family during Monterey's signature holiday event on December 5th and 6th.
Thanksgiving Dinner at the C restaurant + bar
- Chef Jerry Regester has prepared an amazing 4-course dinner for Thanksgiving including a Slow Roasted Free Range Turkey Breast, Grilled Artichoke Risotto and Pumpkin Crème Brûlée. Dinner is $52++ per person and reservations can be made at 831-375-4800.
Christmas Dinner at the C restaurant + bar
- Relax this Christmas and enjoy a freshly prepared 4-course dinner from Chef Jerry Regester. Dinner is $54++ per person and reservations can be made at 831-375-4800.
New Year's Eve Dinner at the C restaurant + bar
- Ring in the New Year with a 4-course dinner at the C restaurant + bar! We will have select sparkling wine by the glass to pair with Chef Jerry Regester's delectable meal. Dinner is $95++ per person and reservations can be made at 831-375-4800.
Holiday Parties at InterContinental The Clement Monterey
- For special holiday parties and events, there's simply no place like InterContinental the Clement Monterey. Our beautiful location serves as the perfect setting for any group gathering, from business to pleasure, fun to formal, and serious to social. Our catering team looks forward to assisting you in creating the ideal holiday party in one of our event venues.
Cannery Row and Tin Cannery Outlets
- Cannery Row and the American Tin Cannery Outlets are the perfect places to find stocking stuffers for your family. Stores on Cannery Row specialize in everything from socks to jerky to fine jewelry!
- Visit the quaint little town of Carmel-by-the-Sea for some great holiday shopping. Everything you need from clothing, art, jewelry and home goods can be found in downtown Carmel!
Del Monte Shopping Center
- Del Monte Shopping Center is Monterey's largest outdoor shopping mall including stores such as Macy's, Forever 21, Champs Sports and Apple.